01 Sep Position Vacant – Administrative Assistant – Calling all Motorsport enthusiasts!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Part-Time – 15 hours/week to start with the potential to increase hours and be permanently appointed
The Western Australian (WA) Speedway Commission (WASC) is the duly appointed State Sporting Association for speedway in WA and the only body recognised by the State Government to represent the sport. It is a truly independent, member-oriented, not-for-profit organisation.
Our primary role is to deliver the State Government-supported Speedway Safety Governance Framework to all speedway tracks and racing divisions operating in the State, regardless of sanctioning and insurance services.
This position reports directly to the General Manager and provides high-level administrative support to the General Manager, the WASC Board, and Committees.
Based in Osborne Park, we are a small, friendly, and effective team. We currently have one part-time 15 hours/week role, with a possibility of more hours in the future, (depending on funding and requirements).
A safe, resilient, skilled, and sustainable speedway sporting community.
As the State Sporting Association representing speedway in WA, we lead, advocate and promote excellence in racing safety, education, training, and participation across WA speedways.
Provides high-level administrative support assisting the General Manager, Commission, and Committees to promote and progress the sport of speedway in Western Australia.
1.1 Assists with all the administrative tasks of the Commission including:
- Is the Executive Officer to the Board, Advisory Committees, and Stewards Committee, responsible for drafting, production, and distribution of agenda papers (within required timeframes). This position is also required to attend meetings (held A/H) and records minutes/actions of meetings.
- General administration duties, email management, phone queries, drafting, proofreading, and formatting, correspondence, and reports, banking, and collecting the mail.
- Assists with the Financial management including budget preparation and monitoring, and general financial administration of the Commission’s activities including processing and payment of all invoices, via Xero.
- Liaises with State and Local Government representatives and other relevant sporting associations, as required.
- Manages the office stationery supplies and purchases items as requested.
- Manages the executive calendar booking and sets up all meetings.
- Event coordination skills i.e. State President’s Forum.
- Event Permit receipting and Event Permit Certificate production.
- Track Licence receipting and production of Membership Certificates.
- Affiliation Fee receipting.
- May represent the Commission at appropriate forums.
1.2 Supports the Commission’s corporate, operational and strategic plans.
1.3 Schedules State-wide track inspections, and workshops in consultation with Speedway clubs, including making the necessary venue bookings and travel arrangements and preparing the annual track safety plans, post-inspection.
1.4 Consult and liaise with Local Government/Sires/Councils about the safety and development of speedway.
1.5 Consult and liaise with relevant sporting associations about the promotion and development of speedway.
1.6 Manages the WASC Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Accounts.
1.7 Assist in the preparation of grant and funding submissions and acquittals.
1.1 Other duties as requested by WASC.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively and build good working relationships.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to prepare draft correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple committees and recording minutes and actions.
- Excellent Office 365 skills with advanced Excel knowledge.
- Website Management experience (WordPress) and Social Media Marketing, promotion, and contemporary practices.
- Demonstrated Event Coordination skills.
- Knowledge of the sport and recreation industry in Western Australia (desirable).
- A Current ‘C’ class driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle for use during work hours.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours (including A/H evening work to attend meetings).
Email a cover letter of no more than two pages, outlining your skills and experience and your resume (including referees) to General.Manager@waspeedway.com.au by 5 pm on Friday, 16 September 2022.
Contact Claire Harloe, General Manager, WASC, on 08 9201 0229 if you have further queries.
Equity and Diversity
We embrace diversity and encourage applications from all people.