05 Feb Western Australian’s Transition out of Lockdown
The five-day lockdown for the Perth, Peel and South-West regions will end as planned tonight at 6pm.
From 6pm, Friday 5 February the following will come into effect:
- Perth and Peel will enter into a post-lockdown transition period until 12.01am, Sunday 14 February. This allows the full 14-day incubation period to run its course
- South West will return straight to pre-lockdown conditions.
The post-lockdown transition period for Perth and Peel includes:
- Wearing a mask when in public and while at work, unless exempt or for vigorous outdoor exercise
- All businesses can reopen, except for the casino and nightclubs
- 4 square metre capacity rule in place for businesses and venues, up to a maximum of 150
- 150-person capacity at all events including weddings, funerals and community sport
- Seated service only at hospitality venues
- Dancing only permitted at weddings and dance studios
- 20-person limit for private indoor and outdoor gatherings
- Visits to aged care and disability care facilities restricted to compassionate grounds
- Residential school and boarding facilities can resume with a COVID Safety Plan
- Only essential travel permitted in and out of the Perth and Peel regions to other parts of WA.
Under the post-lockdown transition measures, schools in Perth and Peel will start from Monday 8 February. Masks are required to be worn by all school staff and secondary students. They are not required for primary school students.
Masks are also mandatory for staff at childcare facilities, as well as students and staff in higher education including TAFEs and universities.
Teaching staff are permitted to remove their mask if teaching at the front of the classroom to enable clear enunciation.
People who need to leave the Perth and Peel region for essential purposes must wear a mask at all times in other regions of WA, as per the rules in place for Perth and Peel.
Elective surgery at WA public hospitals will resume once the lockdown has ended, and people will be contacted directly to reschedule and rebook their appointments.
FIFO workers will once again be able to leave the Perth and Peel regions, but documentation will be required and they must follow strict health protocols.
Pre-lockdown requirements for the entire State still remain in place, including:
* WA’s controlled interstate border arrangements
* Mandatory contact registers for most WA businesses and venues
* Capacity restrictions for major venues
* Restrictions on travel to remote Aboriginal communities.
Contact registers and SafeWA will continue as part of post-lockdown life. Currently, it is mandatory for most businesses and venues to ensure a contact register is available for patrons.
From 6pm, Friday 5 February, it will also be mandatory for individuals to check-in at venues required to keep a contact register. Individuals could face penalties if they fail to check in. As always, a common-sense approach will apply.
For more information :
Further Lockdown information is available at wa.gov.au<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdlgsc.us7.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fclick%3Fu%3D6b3a3f7b848e66bfa0f6fc583%26id%3D3edfc5dcf0%26e%3D67f5dd0d26&data=04%7C01%7Ckim.ellwood%40dlgsc.wa.gov.au%7C613a82fcad474c6c5b4f08d8c9b3cf37%7Cc1ae0ae2d5044287b6f47eafd6648d22%7C0%7C0%7C637481121393561350%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=W%2BIzqRkKxgA8EdE1ZblOp2diaAwyw3eqA7NR6PB5nJM%3D&reserved=0>
I also encourage you to download an approved mask hygiene poster (PDF 1.79 MB)<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdlgsc.us7.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fclick%3Fu%3D6b3a3f7b848e66bfa0f6fc583%26id%3D206a233831%26e%3D67f5dd0d26&data=04%7C01%7Ckim.ellwood%40dlgsc.wa.gov.au%7C613a82fcad474c6c5b4f08d8c9b3cf37%7Cc1ae0ae2d5044287b6f47eafd6648d22%7C0%7C0%7C637481121393571342%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=fpbwI8%2ByNtrYlCb8mjrqZAf79hQHVVrIXBUcwnwD0KM%3D&reserved=0> (and attached) to print off and place in prominent positions in as many places as you can.
If you have any more questions please feel free to email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>